FB125 single_step_slave delay propagation

jwall

Hi guys, I am trying to build some scripts in protool to comb through the FB125 db's, to pull a quick list of slaves/modules/channels/ and fails.

There is a bit of lag when you try to jump to the next slave (set single_step_slave). The script seems to run too fast.
Should I..

do while BUSY <>0
Loop

//or

addr_cache = slave_adr
single_step_slave = 1
do while slave_adr = addr_cache
Loop

I don't want to give the HMI a chance to loop continously. but I need ot define a good way to comb the data.

I haven't got into scripts in ProTool yet, so I can't help you there, but I would go about this from the other end. I would run FB125 in the CPU on a programmed or continuous basis (depending on requirements ans cycle time) then check the results in the CPU and whenever something changes call up a screen in ProTool where you present the information.