AB 1771-IR RTD module

Unregistered

U
Good afternoon! I am wondering if anyone can tell me the difference btwn the Allen Bradley 1771-IR/C & IR/D. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks!
~Donielle

That's a good question to ask, because in the A-B world, a Series change often makes a significant change to functionality and compatibility.

For the 1771-IR, there was a functionality change between Series A and Series B.

Series B, C, and D were only hardware changes and function identically.

There is an Appendix F in the 1771-IR User Manual (literature.rockwellautomation.com) that explains this.

I have a series D that went bad and I want to replace it with a series A (that's the only one we have). Does anyone know what all I have to do. I've read the Appedix F mentioned above but it's a little greek to me.
Thanks for reading,
Loralee7