Program scan using bit file

Unregistered

U
Question: Does a bit file get erased with each program scan or is the bit file stored in memory and updated each scan? (i.e. B3)

The Bit (B3 for example) file retains its values between scans. It only changes as the program logic, or possibly external devices like your programming software or a display terminal write to it.

In a/b products, none of the data tables are erased unless the programmer does it within the PLC code...or they're overwritten from an external device.

Similar Topics

Hi, I modified the structure of a program (let’s call it app) in a CompactLogix 1769-L30ER due to high variation in the output times. I mean the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I would like to get some data like Run / Program bit, CPU time, Scan times etc. to my DCS system, could anybody please point me to a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Working a strange problem. Here are the basics: PLC: ControlLogix L73 Firmware: 21.1 I have created what is the largest program that I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to integrate Power Logic PM750MG with my RTU. My RTU cannot read the C phase-neutral or C-A phase to phase voltage. If I use modscan...
Replies
Views
Hey fellas, Just curious. If I set up a GSV in my RSLogix 5000 main program for a ControlLogix processor to get last or max scan time, will the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom