AD DL-06 Anatomy question???

elevmike

Im just dying of courisoty. Under the comm ports, there's a snap-out panel on the bottom of the DL-06. Removing the panel will expose an edge connect set back about 1-1/2 in. and what appears to be tracks for a plug-in module of some sort. I'm wondern' if this is some sort of possable future feature that Koyo's going to offer.

Maybe a base expansion???

Anybody have a clue?? Or is it only there so I can be distracted by it?...

I questioned the people at AD about this quite a while ago. They say there is nothing planned for it. (Why is it there? I guess you'd have to ask Koyo Japan.)

http://forum1.automationdirect.com/board/Forum1/HTML/000603.html

What about the expansion I/O featured at Koyo Australia? It even has a Terminator I/O communication module. No sign of it here.

The DL06 even has expansion I/O defined in the address space GX and GY. Why is it there? Hmmm.

I asked my self the same quation.Now I see there is no answer.

About what you mension Bernie the DL06 set for expansion I\O address.I expand my PLC with another unit of DL05 by RS232 and I used X and Y on my master as.
I mean X0-X400 on the main unit and the rest from X500 on the expansion unit ,a same for Y outputs.
I used this V memory when I exchanged data with the slave.That what help not to make confusion which is I/O and what is internal bit.
You can also expand by modbus and Ethernet.
Now with the new 10/100MB ethernet card it will be very fast connectin between the units with decent price tag.

I have posed this question to the engineering staff at Automation Direct and Koyo. The answer that I got was that this was included in the original design for future expansion. Depending upon what revision of the PLC you have the connector for this expansion may or may not be there. In the D06-AR PLC's that we were using, newer revisions of the expansion card board do not include this connector.