ON/OFF output using PB in Auto/Manual mode

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm working on a program where the condition as below:

1) Auto Mode (Maintain Push Button) - When pressed = Auto mode, if not pressed = Manual mode.
2) Auto Start (Maintain Push Button) - when pressed during auto mode, energize output (fan)
3) Fan ON (Momentary Push Button) - When pressed during manual mode, energize output (fan)

All the PB is in the Touch Screen
Attach is the logic that I've written, is there any better/simplier logic than this?

Thanks.

Regards,
CK Chew

The end result is all that really matters, but if you want another idea...

| Fan ON 1-SHOT
|---] [----------[OSR]-----------( )
|
| AUTO
| 1-SHOT TOGGLE MODE TOGGLE
|---] [-------]/[---+---]/[-------( )
| |
| TOGGLE 1-SHOT |
|---] [-------]/[---+
|
| AUTO AUTO
| MODE START FAN
|----] [------] [---+-------------( )
| |
| TOGGLE |
|----] [------------+

đŸ»

-Eric

Sorry, my image didn't appeared, trying again

lad1.jpg

Nice but....

chavak said:
Just to fullfil your conditions, here is another method
In manual mode the only way to turn off the fan would be to switch to auto and provided that the auto start PB is not activated.

The other problem, if you stated in auto and remove the auto button the fan continues to run. Not sure thats a good idea... 🙃

I would try out Eric's method it makes your Momentary Fan button toggle your fan on and off in manual mode, with out interferance with the other buttons...

Last edited:
Sorry but no....

Trojangoat, that will not work... the fan will never come on in manual mode. Second, in auto mode, if you take it out of auto before you turn off the auto start the fan will stay on...:cool:

trojan_goat,

Based on ck's description (and existing logic), the manual fan PB should toggle the fan on and off in manual mode, regardless of the auto start PB's state.

đŸ»

-Eric

ckchew666...

Just checking your code a little more in depth, and found that your B3:1/12 bit does not get unlatched when the the PLC is placed in program mode and then returned to run. In other words your fan will start up again with out pushing any button if that bit is latched... Again take a good look at the code provided by Eric, this is very solid...:oops:

Or and this above your first rung:

First Pass Toggle
Rung 1 -----] [------------------------(U)------
S:1/15 B3:1/12

Last edited:
Curious...

B3:1-14 is named both, Manual Mode and Auto Mode.

Is it the case, in this PLC, that one can provide different names for the different states of the same bit?

That is...
B3:1-14 as --| |-- is "named" as "Auto Mode"

While...
B3:1-14 as --|/|-- is "named" as "Manual Mode".

Is this so?

Terry Woods said:
Curious...

B3:1-14 is named both, Manual Mode and Auto Mode.

Is it the case, in this PLC, that one can provide different names for the different states of the same bit?

That is...
B3:1-14 as --| |-- is "named" as "Auto Mode"

While...
B3:1-14 as --|/|-- is "named" as "Manual Mode".

Is this so?

Wow..good call terry..i am curious about this now..i didnt think it was possible..

Actually I dont like any of these, makes it all seem complicated. The problem is I understood what was done. PB B3:1/14 is actually named PV_MODE_PB, the YELLOW background part is descriptions which in this case show what is happening...ie if 0 then its Manual, if its 1 then its AUTO. The AUTO MODE should not be there, it confuses the descriptor. Its common for me to find a selector switch or maintained pushbutton with just one wire going to a plc input in this fashion...ie when its on it does one thing and when its off it does another.

The original descriptions confuse some of this. To me this is all to complicated for something simple. The following I have done, if in automatic the fan will start and be latched in but has stop PB, if in MANUAL (AUTO is FALSE) then fan will run as along as START PB is held in.

Stop StartPB Fan
|-----| |--+---| |-------+---( )-|
| | Fan Auto|
| |---| |---| |-|

Told y'all I think simple.