KEP server and RSViewME

darrenj

O.K. people update time!!

I have been trying to get a panelview plus to communicate with a Modicon PLC. All is well so far. i figured out the Kep server software and can control the PLC that i am connected to..(I connect to the PLC over ethernet). Now i am trying to bridge across the ethernet and control other devices over the Modbus Plus. Does anyone have any idea how i should go about this.. I read in the Kepserver documentation that i should add another device and add an extra octet at the end of the ip address. The octet would be the Node number of the PLC on Modbus plus.. Am i reading this right? My PLC IP addy is 192.162.10.100 the PLC i am trying to talk to on Modbus Plus has the addy 10..so would i enter the new device address as 192.162.10.100.10??

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

D

If you are talking about using the MODBUS Ethernet driver in Kepware and you want to specify a node off of the bridge and it's address is 10, then yes that is what you would put in the Device ID field in Kepware.