Swapability

daveford

I have a L532 16K processor and a 550 2711B5A2 Panelview. Can I swap the panelview to a 1200E T12C6 easily? Will the RSLogix 500 software work with the 1200?

Moving from a PanelView 550 to a PanelView 1200e is possible, but it is not a seamless transition. Here are a couple of reasons:

1. This shift requires you to purchase different PanelBuilder programming software. The 550 uses PanelBuilder32; the 1200e uses PanelBuilder 1400e software.

2. The difference in screen sizes will mean that you will have to do some work with each screen in your application to make the screen size work. I don't believe there's a utility in PanelBuilder 1400e that automatically converts the program to the different screen size (I'm more familiar with RSView ME, which has this feature; perhaps another AB guru will know if this feature exists in the earlier software.

Regarding RSLogix 500, the ladder program you created for your 550 application should work with the 1200e, provided there is not a change in the tag names, etc. when you make the switch.

Hope this gets you started!

Rick

Yes, the PanelView Standard 1200 is obsolete, but unless I misinterpreted daveford's original question, I thought he was asking about upgrading to a PanelView 1200e. As far as I know (unless someone such as mgvol knows otherwise), the 1200e terminal is still available.

Back
Top Bottom