Communication PV600+ to Micro 1200

glaw

I know before you read it I'm a dope. Been sitting here for about an hour trying to figure this thing out. download my screens into the PV ok but for some reason (hopefully know to someone out there) i can't figure out the settings to make the pv communicate with the 1200. Can someone please pose a detailed step by step on how to do this or what the communication settings should be, I am using enterprise. much appreciated.

Jerry

In rsview click on the communications tab and setup the driver in rslinx..Then when you download to the PV+ make sure on the download screen the "replace communications" box is checked..Can you browse for tags If so then your comms are set up just check the box before downloading..

I'm using enterprise software not linx. somehow I think I am not setting the proper driver or address in enterprise. any help with enterprise?

You will have to add the PLC manually under the RS232 driver in Enterprise. I don't have a PV+ handy to check my procedure so I won't go into any details. Hopefully someone else can give you a step by step. If not I will give it a whirl.