TouchScreens

Ken J

Can anyone recommend a good TouchScreen that is not too expensive?
I'm currently using an IDEC talking to an Siemens S7-224XP PLC.

Ken,

You may want to consider Hitech.

Their screens have a longer tube life and more memory than the Maple (Weintek) and Automation Direct (AVG) units. The 5.7" now have additional push buttons.

Their web site is www.hitech-america.com If you would rather call, their number is 219-477-2002 - you can speak with Eric or Dale. Great people to work with.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Stephen Luft said:
Ken,

You may want to consider Hitech.

Their screens have a longer tube life and more memory than the Maple (Weintek) and Automation Direct (AVG) units. The 5.7" now have additional push buttons.

Their web site is www.hitech-america.com If you would rather call, their number is 219-477-2002 - you can speak with Eric or Dale. Great people to work with.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Hi, Do you mean Maple and Weintek is the same?? I've google it and Maple looks like from US while Weintek is from Taiwan.

We're looking into Weintek as well, anyone please comment. :)

I dont know about value compared to the others that are recommended here but i can recommend the Redlion G3 Series as a nice touch screen. It can also communicate MPI / PPI for siemens with the correct cable.

Stephen Luft said:
Yes, they are one in the same.

Maple markets the Weintek touch screens under their silver series brand, and is located in the US. They also offer international distribution to various countries.

http://www.maple-systems.com/index_wheretobuy.htm

There are other companies, besides Maple that offer the Weintek touch screen.

Weintek is the manufacturer.

From what I understand from your statement is if I can buy direct from Weintek it's the cheapest I can get because I can bypass Maple?

I didn't say that.

I don't know what Weintek's pricing is.

I don't know what their support is like either.

You still have some investigation to do, in order to determine which method or procurement is best for you and your company.