FB125 Problems

jwall

Hi all, I am still having the same issue with my HMI systems.

Using FB125

Some of the systems allready use DB125 in the safety program. In those cases, I declare the data block, that FB125 uses to be db1125 instead.

Now on the cells where db125 was free, and used by fb125, all faults are caught and can be single stepped through.

On the cells where I changed and renamed to db1125, no errors or faults are caught, yet the basics of fb125 seem to work (ie stepping in manual mode). It is obviously using db1125, but parts words 1208 and upwards seem to not update.

If there is any issue in using a different DB for FB125, please let me know.

Try a lower DB-number. There also is a maximum DB-number. You should look for the specs for your cpu what that maximum DB-number is.Further more there is also a maximum amount of data that you can put in all of your DB's. Again look for the specs of your cpu.

Try in google 'siemens' 'mall' and with the help of the siemens-mall-website you should find without a problem what these numbers are.

I've had a similar problem with the FM352-5. In Debug mode for testing, the program runs in an FB with only the I/O data being passed to and from the FM (the final tested version runs on the FMs own CPU).

It doesn't matter what DB you tell it to use, it insists on using a DB with the same number as the FB. I can well imagine with something like the FB125, the same thing might apply.

You could always try renaming FB125 to some other number - both solutions worked for me.

Thanks guys, I have tried to rename fb125 to fb325, yet then db125 named to db325 wont allow the data type to be fb325 in the symbols list

What CPU are you using? Could it be that 325 is above the maximum FB number? Do you have a free FB/DB number under 255, I'm pretty sure all the CPUs can handle at least that many, unfortunately I'm not at work at present, so I can't check myself until tomorrow.

I have tried renaming, using fb and db 175, but when I try to tie in db 175 onto the called block it stays red. When I go to the symbols table (Alt+enter) it will only allow fb125 as the data type, and not allow any thing else. It claims fb 175 is an incorrect data type

THanks RMA, you've seemed to always respond to my questions.

I have demanded Siemens to give me an open version of FB125, or be forced to have us reverse engineer it, and release it to everyone. I've been setting up HMI cells like crazy with improper calls.

I might be easier for me to re-compile our safety programs, with all the safety db125's readjusted. But that would require re-certification of the CAT 4 standard, internally.. ugh..

You can open FB125 quite easily yourself (although I won't post the method here out of respect for Siemens), but it is pretty easy to figure out.

But if you really want to engineer your own solution (which is what I would do anyway), just start with SFC51. Once you get that one down pat, you can add a couple other SFCs and pretty much replicate what FB125 is doing.

Last edited:
I am well on my way in making my own fb125. Much better when you do these things yourselves. Can't wait until shift end to test<:

Thanks guys for the support

Ok I know this i probably a stupid question but what FB125 are you quys talking about? I tried to search the Siemens help file and look trough the librarys without finding anything.

They are diagnostic blocks that are supposed to automatically find faults, and send back detailed information quickly, and easily.

In my case, my safety programs, which have allready gone through lengthy PSHR sessions, use addresses that fb125 tries to use as well.

jwall said:
Thanks guys, I have tried to rename fb125 to fb325, yet then db125 named to db325 wont allow the data type to be fb325 in the symbols list

This started as an instance DB didn't it?
If so, try deleting the DB online and offline and then regenerate. This should allow the DB to match the FB.

They are diagnostic blocks that are supposed to automatically find faults, and send back detailed information quickly, and easily.

In my case, my safety programs, which have allready gone through lengthy PSHR sessions, use addresses that fb125 tries to use as well.
I've just had a look back at your original post and there you only speak of needing to identify missing or faulty DP-stations.

If this really is all you require, why not use the FC125 instead - then you don't need a DB?