siemens software

majot

Help. I am trying to put siemens step 7 software on my computer but do not have the authorise disk does anybody know how to get round this? I require the crack, how to use it and an software id no.
Thanks for the help.

The fact that Siemens uses a serial number and activation key should be an indicator to you that they take their software licensing agreement more seriously than the typical software vendor like Microsoft.

Probably nobody here on the discussion board is as eager as you are to commit a theft in public.

Although it's nice to see somebody trying to cheat my competitor, for a change.

If your working with version 5.0 or higher, try running it without authorization. You could face a pleasant surprise!

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Majot

Jean Pierre is right, Step7 V5.0 or higher will quite happily run without authorisation, it just searches for authorisation and let's you know that it can't find it, clicking on OK will clear this message and the application will run.

Ken,

There is an authorisation crack for the Seimens software, providing you have the original key disks, a multi-authorisation disk is most useful for this. I won't say that we use it, as all our software is fully licensed, but I can asure you that it is availiable.
This crack also works with S5 software.

I would just like to point out, that I am not condoning the use of software cracks for any Siemens software, nor will I pass this information on, regardless of how much money I am offered.

Paul

Last edited:
In reply to Ken Roach on the subjet of theft.Whilst I have permission from my company who purchased the software they refused to let the authorization disks go off site for obvious reasons this is why I do not believe I am commiting theft.

Majot

As most authorisation disks only carry 1 authorisation on them you will not be able to authorise the 'new' installation of the software unless you first remove it from a previous installation, which would presumably leave your company with a PC with no authorisation. Which I am sure they would not like.

Just run the software without the key. The authorisation message can be annoying, but the software is still fully funtionable.

As regards to the 'theft' accusation, ask FAST what they think!

Paul

I apologise for my tone earlier, majot, but your original post sounded just like dozens I've seen here lately from folks who just don't want to pay for valuable software.

I got a phone call today, for example, from a major factory here locally complaining that my Company's main Technical Support line wouldn't help them. I have always gone the extra mile for this company, having been reassured by the salesman responsible for the account that they're a very good customer. Just the other day I loaned them my update CD because they claimed to be in a pinch and couldn't wait for an overnight shipment of a major software patch.

A brief review of their corporate software registrations shows that they stopped paying for support and upgrades THREE YEARS AGO.

If you'd included your reason for wanting to circumvent the software copy protection in your original post, you would have had three useful suggestions and no accusations of malfeasance. Thoroughness pays, on both sides of the pond.

majot,

there are two things you can do:

1. Like others have suggested, simply live with the nagscreens until you can come back to your company to do the transfer of the license to your PC.

or

2. Do an "offline transfer" of the license.
This is a way to move the license from one computer to another without using the authorisation floppy.
It requires you to read and enter codes on the two PCs involved.
My point: You can do this over the telephone.
Look for "Authorisation transfer over random media" in the help file in AuthorsW.

Jesper

I think Majot was happy with the original answer he received in November 2002 !

Ayman, has brought this thread back to life with his statement:-

hello, i need authorisation for s5

Ayman, here's what you do..

1. Contact your Siemens supplier
2. Order a copy of the software. Simatic S5
3. When the software arrives, open the box and locate the red disk

Voila! You have your S5 authorisation.

Couldn't be simpler

Paul

JesperMP said:
Paul,
its monday and the coffeine level in my blood has dropped to dangerous levels.

Jesper

I am a bit different:-

It's Monday morning and the alcohol level in my blood has dropped to SAFE levels
4.gif

Paul