PLC Beginner

kalakotarrr

Hi everyone,

This is a beginner to PLC field. What are the basics should i learn to face an Interview. What are the General Interveiw questins for Beginners.

I had worked on Software for a period of 9 months and now iam changing my plans onto PLC. Basically iam an Instrumentation Engg Graduate. Iam very Interested on this subject. How should i began my career into this field.

How many got this?

Assist Me
This is from India, Iam an Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer and lookig for a job on PLC and SCADA.

What is the step should i take to get into the job as a Trainee and wat is the future of PLC Programmers.

regards,
Raghav.

I did not get that message Bob, but this same guy has posted the same topic thread at least four times. I wonder why nobody reads the "how to use this site" info?

...now that you mention it, i didn't read it either... :oops:

kalakotarrr, you can always go for an interview and hear some of the questions or requirements first hand. depending on my schedule, i always try to spend few minutes with the candidates showing them what ever is currently on the shop floor and pointing candidates in what i think is the right direction. not everyone will have time for this so you have to be patient. you might want to make the first move (some freshmen used to offer to volunteer for a week or two just get insight of what is going on). the point is that nothing is carved in stone, everything can be possible and you do have choices and freedom to make proposals. you might find out that this is the wonderland or hell depending on your preferences and expectations.

You can always call a prospective employer and ask them
"what would it be like working with (for) you in this capacity?

Just about all took time to tell me, some had me come in for a talk
a few gave me a plant tour, and a couple bought me lunch.
Generally all took at least ten minutes over the phone most were an hour some were 3 or 4 hours.

Dan Bentler

Several months ago, maybe last year, was a threas on "How did you get started" or something like that. A lot of interesting information. Shouldn't be to hard to find in a search, I'm just too lazy to look for it.

I did see a guy go to school, then become the Peoria police chief, showing that you can pick a job, get an education, and start out at the top without experience.

See a lot of techs do that to.

Know a bank teller, she has a three degree as an Industrial Electrician, now experience, never pulled wired, bent conduit, worked on anything "HOT", and probably never been shocked. Been a teller for a long time. NO experience has meant NO JOB.

regards.....casey

Speachless.....

I really wanted to comment about this, but I am truly speachless. That is many hours of hard work to compile such a concise paper, just to let some one take the credit. I would not give any chances, personally. Also his links page does not even include PLCS.net... Maybe for obvious reasons...:mad:

I browsed his site. Apparently he's a robotics guy, mabey a member here. He's also apparently from my home town.

Authough I enjoyed his photo galleries of Britney and Charlie, I'll bet he's got some copyright issues there also...

Definately likes to express his political opinions......