Mitsubishi SSCNET

francevendee

I am looking to replace a 2 speed motor with a Servo Motor.
Mitsubishi HC-KFS43 servo, MR-J2S-40B Servo Amplifier.
I am told I need a Q series PLC with a QD75M1 Single axis SSCNET positioning module.

Is there any manual out there or can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get one off the web.

Many thanks

you ware told right. "B" version (you have 40B) is for SSCNET while "A" version requires P series of controller (P1, P2 or P3).
note that M1, M2 and M4 cards are not much different in price. if there is a chance of adding one more axis later on, go with the bigger one.
Manuals you are looking for are:
SH_NA_030007-E Amplifier

IB(NA)-0300062-B Motion Controller

Last edited:
The reason I need sscnet card I am told is that there is a magnet at the end of the axis. This goes to a 24 position map to pick up components, but these components are not stacked as such in a bin, rather just emptied in the bin, so they are not in definite positions.

We are going to use a servo due to the wide range in the 2 speeds, with a gearbox.
At present there is a seperate encoder, feeding in to a SLC5/03. The only way the SLC knows the magnet has reached a component is when the encoder stops turning and no signals received. This then stops the motor and consequently energises the magnet (Rough I Know, not my design)
The motor obviously goes in to stall for a small period of time before the plc output stops the drive.

My concern is that if we use this with the sevo we could go in to trip every time, hence the reason for Mitsubishi saying, or recommending the Q PLC and relevant sccnet card so that the increased torque can be monitored and preventing the drive tripping before the SLC 500 sees the loss of encoder signal.

Any comments?

Thanks for info already posted regarding manuals. Great help!!!!!!!!

J2S and QD75 are powerfull combination (I like it a lot!) but don't forget that there is learning curve as well. With the mentioned combo you can read and monitor motor current just like any other of 32000 parameters.
Don't forget that there is an overload trip in this setup as well.
If the drive is tripping, it's probably not setup correctly or it is undersized.