PICO-GFX & new software

cchrivia

PICO-GFX
Does anyone know a good source for help programming the new PICO controllers other than AB? I am spoiled with RSLogix-500 and hoping to do a simple program with the PICO and struggling greatly. Normally my program uses bits to latch and unlatch eight steps in a continous cycle. Basically the cycle is just based on timers and bits. What do I use in Pico to do the same thing? I have been trying markers and timers but unsuccesful.

I dont know about the GFX yet but the older PICO had a limit to the number of instructions per rung (3) and one coil, the branches are connected between instruction. You use the funky pencil arrow (mouse icon) to draw the branch connections.

Didn't know there was a new PICO.
But, post your code from RSLogix 500. Once we see what you're trying to do, perhaps we can give you some pointers on the PICO programming. If AB is the only thing you have any experience with, then there is a learning curve you have to over come. However, if you are used to using hardwired relays & timers, the PICO's software is easy to learn.

BTW,
If you are "spoiled" by RSLogix-500, why not use a ML1000 instead of the PICO, cost has to be very close.

If you are "spoiled" by RSLogix-500, why not use a ML1000 instead of the PICO, cost has to be very close.

I agree, an ML1000 basic is listed for $99 US so it may be cheaper.

Personally got aggrevated with using programmable (so called smart) relays, the real thing in some cases is comparable in price if you have the software.

rsdoran said:
I agree, an ML1000 basic is listed for $99 US so it may be cheaper.

Personally got aggrevated with using programmable (so called smart) relays, the real thing in some cases is comparable in price if you have the software.

I looked at the pico for about 3 jobs..i ended going with the 1000's..More fuctionality for almost the same price..the one drawback with the basic 1000 has no TOD clock or analog I/O.:(

I have one application that I use PICO's for, because of the higher current capacity of the outputs, and because all the outputs are isolated. The cost was actually about $25.00 higher than a ML1000.

cchrivia:

As recommended, please post your RSL-500 code. The PICO-GFX IS a Moeller Easy-MFD that AB buys and private labels. They have developed their own software for it but the basic methods are the same. If you post the SLC code, I can try to help. They must have made some firmware change because we cannot use the Moeller Software to program it.

I currently use an AB ML1000 and a panelview 300 micro. The combo usually cost around $600 or more so the pico is a cheaper solution. I would love to know where they sell ML1000 for $99. Anyways, attached are the basic steps in RSlogix 500 that I am trying to achieve with the PICO GFX-70. Any help is greatly appreciated.