Symax

Unregistered

U
How do you print a old symax PLC program ladder with the documentation.
I can print the ladder as one file and the .lab files as another but I need to have them on the same page so I can examine the code for update. I have Winemate

I have never used Win/Mate, but in the old DOS version you had a choice when you set up your printing preferences. You could select Addresses only (default) or Addresses and Lables. You also had the option for Rung Comments.

When you load the program into Sy/Mate, make sure you choose to load both the rungs and the labels. When you want to print it out, choose F7 to print the program, use the space bar to toggle the rungs to yes. You then also have the choice to toggle the labels on or off.

George

The current ladder ALWAYS exists in the PLC. Whether or not the current ladder exists on a Local PC depends on whether or not the programmer "saved" the current PLC program to disk (on the local PC)... This is subject to On-Line programming... That is, if On-Line programming occurs, the programmer should, MUST, "save" the latest to disk (to the local PC). If the programmer thought to "save" the current ladder from the PLC to the PC, only then would the current ladder exist on the Local PC.

Now, with respect to Documentation, such as Synonyms and Comments, they exist ONLY on the local PC... ONLY IF the programmer entered them at the local PC, which is the only place where he could enter them.

The latest Synonyms and Comments HAD to have been entered into the Local PC in order to provide a full, complete, and latest listing.

If that did not occur, or if it did occur but you don't have access to the particular Local PC, then you do not have acess to an original latest and greatest copy of the Synonyms and Comments. In that case, you are out of luck.

You will have to go through the god-awful pains of reverse-engineering the Synonyms and Comments.

Sorry Man,... that's the way it was under the earlier small-capacity DOS based PLC systems.