Hmi For Allen Bradley

HABIBI

We use the Allen Bradly PLC Model SLC 500 with CPU 5/02 , digital input/output cart only and with 1747 – PIC interface for communication Laptop.

We need to make an HMI for WINCC application on system.

If possible advise us about the best way to do this , and inform us of any hardware(special cart ) software that we may need along with the procsdures for using them.

We dont use any Network ,directly conect to plc with serial port betwin PC or with 1747 – PIC .
Tank you for your time & cooperation

I dont know where you are located,Habibi look like Midel East name so I guess we are some how neighbors.

The market is full with HMI solution,Check what you have around you.Check also who can give you the best support not only the best price.
AB is very populat PLC so it easy to get HMI for them.
If you look for Operator Panel it would be harder because most of them are not support PIC protocol.
You will need to add KE card to work with serial port
that would be expensive.

Hello habibi;

WinCC has a driver for A-B DH485, but it is an add-on ( you must buy it as an option). Also, It seems it does not support the PIC interface:

WinCC_AB.jpg

WinCCAB2.jpg

You will need to talk to your Siemens Rep.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier