Omronc200h

gordie

I have come accross a c200H omron witrh manuals and am thinking about putting it all together. I am browsing the literature and see that only a programming cosole is mentioned. Can a laptop take place of this console and allow me to take control of this? I might take this on as a project and wanted to get all the stupid questions over with quickly. As you see I am a complete newbie :) Thanks - Gordie

Yes its poss to use a laptop but you will need a cable as well slips my mind which one i think it all depends on how you go about hooking it up if you have a hoist card or something like that

you will then need software there is quite a few about depending how much you want to spend and if you are going to want to move on to programe the latest plc from omron !!!

for example the older ms dos based software like syswin and LSS up to the more modern software like cx developer which is windows based and will do them all i believe

Have a look at one of my most recent post cx developer v5

i is got all the c200 manuals and know a bit about them so if i can be of any assistance just let me know !!!

c200H omron witrh manuals
It is a bit of a dead duck these days although there are still plenty of them out there. I used a lot of them with 24VDC power supplies. Some components for these supplies are no longer available. Not sure about the 110/240VAC models.

You can use Syswin or CX-Programmer - both windows based - or LSS and maybe even SSS (never used SSS).

You will require a cable and either a portable host link module (3G2A6-LK201-V1) or a rack mounted host link module (C200H-LK201-V1). Try E-bay.

The wiring for the cable you can find here
http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=74

Omron c200H

Thanks for all the helpful replies. This is an old system that I was able to talk the company into loaning me in trying to familarize myself with PLCS. I see that there is a LK201 as well as other modules I have no idea on yet but hope to find out as I go along. I'm kind of thinking you may be hearing a lot of me. Thanks again Guys -Gordie

Your manuals should be able to identify just what that LK 201 does. LK usually indicates link module for remote communications. The LK 201-V1 modules I have seen are for RS-232 communications.

The C200H CPU's are considered obsolete for new projects. Most of the I/O and remote Racks are readily available and non working units can be repaired. The CQM's are a nice updated way to go. If you have a C200H system, the CS1 CPU's can be retrofitted using a new back plane and most of the I/O and RT units work with the CS1 just fine.

For learning purposes, Syswin would be good or try to find an older CX-Programmer disk, like 3.0 or lower. You may be able to get them as they cannot be updated with out getting a complete new version. The newest programer version is 6.0 now.

If you cannot identify any module, post it and I will look it up for you, if some one does not beat me to the punch. I have the master OMRON ID books scattered around my desk and work bench.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom