Siemens Module status indicator

stevenPLC

Hi there...

Can anyone tell me, where and how can we show the status (OK or Error) of each module (DI/DO/AI/AO) in every rack of a Siemens PLC system?

Where can we read this status so as can be shown it as indicator in an interfaced HMI?

Thanks...

I also would like to know the answer. I know I can use several Diagnostic blocks from siemens for example for Profibus errors. But I still don't know how to access the overal SF/BF led status.

Anyone?

Hello werner and steve;

Siemens has developped a SFC51 "RDSYSTST" (read system status) that you can use to read, amongst other things, the LED/status from all modules.
It is a little complex, but there is help available online ansd in the "Standard and system functions" manual. To read module status, you must call SFC51 with parameter SSL_ID = w#16#0019.
Maybe someone else from mthe forum has used this SFC51 before and can give more hints.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Steven,

as far as I know some simple digital modules have no status information at all available. So it would be impossible to show the status of ALL modules in EVERY rack.

Kind regards,

This has been my main project this past quater.

Read the help file on sfc51 in step seven. As a tip, you might need to use 092, 292, and 692. They are config values, that probe for configured, active, and missing slaves.

As per channel failures, read the 4th byte offset of each inpust and output. Sum them up per module ( using hmi code is the easiest, and shares the processing load), to find if a channell has a fault.

FB125 is supposed to wrap this all up in one function. But I just found out, after a month of trying, from a siemens rep that told me to us it, that fb125 is very buggy with E200-m units, but not 200-s units. Siemens knows that it doesn't work well, but do not disclaim it. They probably want a 125$/hr tech to come in and tell you that.

This sounds like the Siemens I know. Why have a simple system flag "sammelfehler" if you can have not working FB's and complex SFC's.