RSview SE and SLC5/05

huynt

Dear all.
In my system, we use two SLC5/05 and two controllogix PLC. They connect to use Ethernet/IP protocol and hirchmann switch with ring topology. We use RSviewSE connect with RSlinx. Use RSSQL for transact data. But have ploblem some day ago, some data from SLC5/05 can not display. Data in RSSQL is OK. I use Data monitor of RSlinx view data, data have error. You can help me about that.
Thanks.

huynt said:
Dear all.
In my system, we use two SLC5/05 and two controllogix PLC. They connect to use Ethernet/IP protocol and hirchmann switch with ring topology. We use RSviewSE connect with RSlinx. Use RSSQL for transact data. But have ploblem some day ago, some data from SLC5/05 can not display. Data in RSSQL is OK. I use Data monitor of RSlinx view data, data have error. You can help me about that.
Thanks.

It's probably a problem with your ring topology setup.
I could be wrong here, but I don't think Hirschmann switches are capable of mannaging a ring topology network.
What model from Hirschmann are you using?

I would start by converting it back to a simple star topology.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I try with star topology, but it isn't OK. Data from Controllogix alway display OK. We use Mice II switch, they are redundant managed switch. You think problem from SLC5/05 or from RSlinx?.
Thanks.