about plc technology

rabinarayan78

plz tell the detail function & working principle of plc.i m basically an electrical & electronics engr. i ve 2 yrs exp. now i m doing mba in mktg & system.but i ve so much intrest on plc. so plz guide me.

The PLC has inputs, outputs. The thing that’s make all that sequencing is a dark magic and only people who spent years worshiping the PLC gods may have the power of ladder. I am sure you are supposed to use a ladder to program it, though I cant figure out how to get the ladder into the PLC. I think they are supposed to go into some kind of cabinet, I put one in my kitchen cabinet next to the cereal because some of those use cereal communications like Lucky charms, Coco Puffs, and SFC’s. It did not do anything, in fact I poured milk on it and it still did not do anything. Some other communications are FishNET schoolBUS, TourBUS., and of course OZZY.

Oh I think they are supposed to be programmed only 1131 at night but I am not sure because I do not structure my text well. So in a nutshell all the inputs turn into 1’s and 0’ travel down a ladder and at the bottom of ladder they turn into outputs. When the PLC stops the 1’s and 0’s fall on the floor.

stooperbike said:
The PLC has inputs, outputs. The thing that’s make all that sequencing is a dark magic and only people who spent years worshiping the PLC gods may have the power of ladder. I am sure you are supposed to use a ladder to program it, though I cant figure out how to get the ladder into the PLC. I think they are supposed to go into some kind of cabinet, I put one in my kitchen cabinet next to the cereal because some of those use cereal communications like Lucky charms, Coco Puffs, and SFC’s. It did not do anything, in fact I poured milk on it and it still did not do anything. Some other communications are FishNET schoolBUS, TourBUS., and of course OZZY.

Oh I think they are supposed to be programmed only 1131 at night but I am not sure because I do not structure my text well. So in a nutshell all the inputs turn into 1’s and 0’ travel down a ladder and at the bottom of ladder they turn into outputs. When the PLC stops the 1’s and 0’s fall on the floor.

You must first remove the relays from the cabinet to make room so you can get the ladder into the cabinet.

"...mba in mktg & system.but i ve so much intrest on plc."

"Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh My! This sounds like a witches-brew!"
(Paraphrasing Dorethy... or was it Dorathy... I think it was "Surrender Dorethy", but I can't remember exactly what the skywriting showed... it was kinda smudgy.)

Rabin... may I call you Rabin?

Elevmike gave you the place to start... however... this particular combination of interests that you have might produce a slight conflict of interests.

Would you be an MBA that happens to do PLC Programming... or a PLC Programmer that happens to understand the MBA point of view?

I think that the latter position is the better position to take.

Depending on your particular tastes and dedications, either field could be seen as being boring and/or laborious. They can both co-exist in one mind to a certain degree, however, which is the driver in your case?

Would you be primarily a "bean-counter" or a "process-developer"?

OEM's would love you to be a "bean-counter"... in a short-sighted way, while paying lip-service to the long-sighted way. (Ooooo... I think I might have brushed some feathers the wrong way... but then, that's what I always do.)

End-Users would love you to be a "real-process-developer"... in a long-sighted way, without regard to how many beans were spent to produce a long-term, reliable process. Because they, the end-users, realize that consistent reliability provides the best day-to-day and long-term production results. It makes them look good, and it makes the company look good.

This is true, even more so, if the production folks don't have to spend their time running around handling crisis after crisis, or calling maintenance to figure out what's going wrong.

Granted, there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two points of view. And each of those views has their valid points. However, the bottom line is to maximize production without over-burdening the producers so that they can continue to maintain that maximized production.

How much burden does mid/upper-management really have? Golf at 2:00? Camel Racing at 3:00?

Yeah, OK, those were just a couple of cheap-shots. But, the question still remains. What does mid/upper-management do to increase production without over-burdening the producers... in this day and age of cut-back, after cut-back? Cut-backs happen on the producers... not mid/upper-management, at least, not nearly as much so as it does on the producers.

For those that would object to those characterizations...
...Later... if there are any specific objections.

So... what say you, Rabin?

Just curious.

This is for Terry:

Camel Racing at 3:00?

In the Gulf states, where most of camel racing occurs, you have to be out at the track by 7:00 if you wnat to catch the excitement. Too hot at three PM; this is when they make the bean counters run!
Don't believe this helped anyone,
Daniel Chartier

i ve 2 yrs exp. now i m doing mba in mktg & system.
Have a diploma in business management and another in marketing. Glad I left the lot behind - working for multinationals - companies full of backstabbers etc etc. Went back to my trade. Then into my own business. Best thing I ever did. Work for myself, no one else to blame, no backstabbers (I cannot really stab myself in the back).

I am so glad I have left the high powered, high pressure management and marketing stuff behind it is not funny.

Life is good!

Plenty of camels in Ozz too. We are exporting them to the gulf countries.