softnet

Softnet user

S
hi folk,

what is different between Softnet-S7 and Softnet-DP?

I have install the Softnet-S7 to PC but still the PC can't recognize the licence!!

Regards

I had installed Citect and Cpu315-2dp, the softnet licence i installed

into the PC was Profibus-S7 but still the message pop up and request for

Order: 6gk1704 - 5CW60 - 3AA0( Is Profibus S7 licence )..

Why?

Regards

SoftNet-S7 is for comms from Step7 to PLC.
No, STEP7 has its own drivers. As an alternative STEP7 can connect 'inderectly' via a configured 'PC station' that uses the S7 protocol amongst others.
Softnet also provides an OPC server that allows other softwares like SCADA packages to connect.
'S7' means that it can connect to the CPU via master-to-master MPI or Profibus comms.

SoftNet-DP is for comms from say a SCADA program to PLC.
No, it is the same as above.
The main difference is that 'DP' means that the PC can be a Profibus master or or Profibus slave.

Softnet user,
you can connect to the 315-2DP cpu by either MPI or Profibus.
You probably need 'S7' and not 'DP' protocols.
Try to follow the guide I have put in the downloads section.

Use an OPC test client to verify the connection.