Adding Data Table Values

Scorpip

~PLC 5~

I am sure the FAL istruction is what I am looking to use but I am unsure of the syntac...

I want to add all the values in Data table F53. Float Point F53:0 up to F53:199.

All the values in the table need to be added up so I have a total of all the float points.

Direction is appriciated...

thanks

The FAL instruction is indeed what you want.

See the attahced PDF example for three methods.

The first method does all 200 calculations in a single scan. The rung must be conditioned as FAL only executes on false->true transitions. But doing 200 floating point additions in a single scan may not be desirable.

The second method shows doing the 200 calculaltions in 200 scans using FAL. You have to monitor the DN bit so you know when the result is available. This method as shown calculates continuously, starting over once the result is available.

The third method shows doing 10 calculations/scan so you have a result available every 20 scans.

Last edited:
I just spotted some mistakes in the PDF file I attahced.

In rung 1 the first instruciton should be XIC R6:1/DN

and in rung 3 the first instruciton should be XIC R6:2/DN