Micrologix communication

ALEX550

My Micrologix 1500 channel 0 blinking, shows communication.
But RsLinx Dose not show the processor.
What should I do to establish communication?
Alex.

Did you try Autoconfigure in the COnfigure Drivers area of RS Linx?

If you try this and it doesn't find the PLC, try pushing the COMMS button in the top center of the PLC under the plastic cover and auto configure again.

The comms may be set to half duplex and some other node address. The COMMS button will put the comm. to default while the DCOM LED is lit.

Another possiblity is that the comm port is configured for a different protocol than the driver you are using. If you are using DF1 and can't get the driver to autoconfigure while connected to the Micro, kill the DF1 driver, configure a PIC driver and try to communicate using the same cable.

cjh said:
Did you try Autoconfigure in the COnfigure Drivers area of RS Linx?

If you try this and it doesn't find the PLC, try pushing the COMMS button in the top center of the PLC under the plastic cover and auto configure again.

The comms may be set to half duplex and some other node address. The COMMS button will put the comm. to default while the DCOM LED is lit.

Good idea. The port could also be set for RS485 instead of DF1. It will auto-config in RSlinx but not show up in RSwho.