s7 hardware configuration

bill4261

I am using step 7 version 5.2. I need to install a 317 in an application. I went to siemens web site to get the gsd files that are needed. I installed the new gsd files and updated the catalog. The step7 software intalled the 317 under PROFIBUS DP/Additional Field Devices/PLC/SIMATIC instead of under SIMATIC 300/CPU-300. Since the file is in the wrong location I can not install it in my hardware configuration. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

I tried that. I problem is, I had to re-install step7 and I didn't install service pack 1 and the hotfix. Now the problem is, I don't have access to high speed connection. Looks like it's back to the office for me. Dial-up was going to be a 9 hour download.

Siemens tech support said this should fix the problem. They also said version 5.2 is not supported anymore. So, I might be hung out to dry.