Can not clear SLC 5/01 Processor Faulted.

Unregistered

U
I have a SLC 5/01 processor faulted that was programmed with AI series long time ago. How can I clear this fault with RSLogix 500? If it can not be cleared with RSLogix, is there any utility to do it?

I will appreciate your help.

You should be able to go online if the SLC comm port still works. I believe the 5/01 uses DH485, so you will need a KT card in your programming terminal or a PIC and the correct driver in RSLinx. When you go online, Logix will not find a matching file, but you can select "Create New File" and go online, then clear the fault. Publication 1747-UM011E-EN-P has lots of information on how to troubleshoot your processor with the LEDs.

Manual

If you are using XP operating system, the PIC module is out, you will have to use the KT card or get a UIC to convert USB to DH485. XP does not support the PIC driver.

Thanks for your replies.

I have win95 and PIC, when trying to go online with RSLogix it gives me a "Decompiler- Unknow error" and does not allow to do anything else.