LG PLCs ???

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
A local distributor will be getting the LG PLC line soon.

Talking with them I was expressing my concern about there long therm marketing strategy.

"How can you tell your client that Line A is the very best equipment you need but if you don't have the budget you can sell them your line B. Now you have line C (the LG PLC line). What will this be?"

They told me that LG PLC was a High End PLC but at a cheaper price (they say less expansive of course :)).

I have the ware and it looks cool for something free to download from the web. It even has a simulation mode.

Some members looking for a PLC software to play with could use this one!

My question is " How good or bad is this stuff?"

Since I have never used there hardware (it used to be a Globalstar product) can anyone give me some insight on it?

Thanks.

(Newer brand are poping up every day it seems, when will we be getting the Bose PLC, it would play music while you use it :))

We have numerous LG PLC's in our plant. Although the software is free, we have never had to go-online to troubleshoot any issues, so I cannot comment on the ease of use. The applications that these things are running are believe it or not....Overhead Doors for a warehouse.
Numerous individual stand-alone Panels, not talking to one and another....mindless. When programmed correctly, they work well so it would seem.

They are Cheap though. They look similar to a S7-200 platform.

Personally, why buy something like this when AB makes an Ethernet ML1100-1200 that will use your current software, run flawlessly, and is easy to replace/source upgrades...etc.

Personally, I wish that all of the other companies would stay out of the business and leave it to the big players like AB and Siemens.

kcarlen said:
Personally, I wish that all of the other companies would stay out of the business and leave it to the big players like AB and Siemens.

Well I guess you must be an end user, out of touch with reality!

For the OEM of industrial equipment the fact that there are a multitude of PLC suppliers is a necessity.

In today's market OEM customers [Read:- END USERS] nearly always demand the lowest possible cost for their equipment, this includes the cost of controls/software. If customers specify the model of PLC they require up front we provide it, and where necessary quote the additional cost. They usually balk at this and go with the lowest bid.
Once installed they *****, moan and gripe. Usual statement " why did our OEM use cheap no name PLC's".

1.The fact that there ARE a multitude of companies providing a wide range of PLC's keeps the OEM market and integrators in business.

2.Keeping them in business provides a competitive market for the end user to select from.

3. MOST IMPORTANT. Do you really believe that the already exorbitant cost of AB or Siemens would'nt go up if there was no competition?

Difficult time...

Difficult time finding pricing information on these... I tried the e-mail addresses provided on the web site, but was kicked back... Anyone have an idea where they list the prices for these?

hesham know LG

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/member.php?u=1950

Links
https://www.gavazzionline.com/plcprod.htm
http://www.imopc.com/

It has a time initiated the study of this manufacturer. It guides sure, it possesss special resources and features that another hardware does not possess.
LG belongs to the same branch of genealogic tree of the same family of Mitsubishi (that you already use), will notice equivalence between the instructions. Still persist in searching, which manufacturer developed first.

Now, sincerely Pierre, to ask if is good or bad! It depends exclusively if you references. You unique, you can determine the "value" of the verifying set instrutions the indicated capacities and features in the documentation.
When receiving the hardware, applying codes of evaluation, confirming the performance and differences in the programming. I find that you already it make these methods! Or not...?

Originally Posted by kcarlen
Personally, I wish that all of the other companies would stay out of the business and leave it to the big players like AB and Siemens

You it was unhappy in its commentary, simply shows its incapacity of know the differences as an advantage.
Repeats the phrase: Long life for the +80 manufacturers of PLC

Fine. All you guys that support multi-vendor PLC's pay the costs associated with

a) Training
b) Software
c) Lack of Knowleged People in that dicipline
d) Lack of Stocked Parts

Now, take a plant that houses over 200 PLC systems. (My situation) Now, take a network that should be monitoring these 200 multi-vendor PLC systems. You name one person that can support all of these systems....and YES, support them not having to re-learn how to do that again.......I haven't been online with this system in over a couple years......

My point was that plants-(end users) need to stick to certain standards in order to be maintained efficiently.

Ever try understanding FB, STL, Ladder, Concept, etc?
Now apply these principles to all of your 80 vendors that want to get into the market....then rethink your answer.

Cheers all.

Agree...

From the point of view of a large manufacturing facility, we have over 200 PLCs and 10 different groups of technicians with 4 persons per shift 3 shifts, just in the electronics group... Then the in stock issues for maintenance in a bureaucratic plant make things even more difficult... When we have a new project we always specify AB, if not the screaming could be heard as far north as Canada...
However, personally I don´t want to know ONLY AB, I would like to stay involved with other PLCs as well...:site:

kcarlen said:
My point was that plants-(end users) need to stick to certain standards in order to be maintained efficiently.

I couldn't agree with you more matey!
However the "standards" are more often than not thrown out the door when the accountants get involved in signing off the contact.

Fortunately since the Enron scandal at least one or more v.large accounting companies are no longer with us. Looks like a few more may bite the dust.

Hooray!!
That means a few thousand or so less opinioned accountants to screw up sound technical decisions made by experienced OEM and end-user technical Engineers.

kcarlen said:
Now, take a plant that houses over 200 PLC systems. (My situation) Now, take a network that should be monitoring these 200 multi-vendor PLC systems. You name one person that can support all of these systems....and YES, support them not having to re-learn how to do that again.......I haven't been online with this system in over a couple years......

Stimulate! Delirium of happiness if was in its position, to have access the 200 PLCS of some manufacturers. Plant of which products? A work of this can until imposing new tasks not to be idle. Re-estruturing the PLCs in accordance with marriage correct the hardware-brand<->project to reprogramming again with efficiency.

a) Training
b) Software
c) Lack of Knowleged People in that dicipline
d) Lack of Stocked Parts

a)Not need skillful people.
b)That to pay when demands.
c)Solve with algoritm of fails control or education to only rename points burned.
d)Foreseeable cost.

Ever try understanding FB, STL, Ladder, Concept, etc?
Now apply these principles to all of your 80 vendors that want to get into the market....then rethink your answer.
It is not impossible, meanwhile consider laborious and not complex. If to obtain air ticket, can support to it in the organization/standartization đź“š

Need to return about LG

Hi!

We have been installing LG products for more than 4 years now, we are a machine manufacturer, and our consumption is handsome.

at least here (in Pakistan) they are providing cheaper goods and support is reasonable.

The software for PLC they gave to me free to test and decide, but since the cost difference was not much, and my bosses did not like the idea to replace a SIEMENS with a KOREAN product, we did not switch.

Sorry I dont have DSL connection, or I could have share some of its software with you.

I do hear that they are more or less very near to s7-200, since I use s7200, I did compare thier functions and found them pretty suitable. I might be using LG in future. let me know how well your first LG plc goes! best of luck

Last edited:
Personally, I have allways used AB wen I worked as aelectrician in a fruit cannery. But since quitting and going to work for a Electrical Contractor, I started basically doing service on controls and such for industrial plants. We started using AD plcs, been happy with them so far, mainly their prices are cheaper, and are PLC business has grown considerably.

Yes I think AB is a better PLC, but their prices are not compitive when bidding jobs.

One thing I am happy about I was diagnos with MS last month, and I cannot work in the heat, and still only limited to about 8 hours a week. Since the market for the PLCs has increased it has created a opening for me, so I can program from my house, just have to go out to the job site for a short time to make sure all is well.

BoxerBrats,

I am happy to hear that you are still doing what you love.
Don't let the MS get you down, I have a friend that was diagnosed 3 years ago, keep your head high.

Again, about the LG PLC's, I am not against new products. I am just concerned about too-many products, and not enough know-how.
It is way too easy to price a job based on price, rather than on stability, availability and ease of use.

Sure, AB costs more. If your plant or equipment runs correctly, you shouldn't have to meddle with the PLC anyway. I am a firm believer of buying quality products, and lets face it, AB makes a good product.

AB is coming to grips with this and are introducing low cost-easy to program platforms that provide lots of functions, FREE included with the software.

I agree AB is one of the best and most reliable. I do have to admit the AD plc been doing really good, and user freindly. Plus have had great tech support from automation direct. Again I have only been using AD for about 2 years.

thanks for the support of the MS it has been lil scary, and very little answers out there. Everytime i ask the doctors, they all say the same thing, we dont know it is diffrent for everybody.....