AutoCAD Electrical

Greg Dake

Hi everyone.....Does anyone know how to transfer AutoCAD Electrical preferences/personal settings from one machine to another? In standard AutoCAD, if I remember correctly you transferred the .mnu files in the support folder? It is different for AutoCAD electrical...

TIA,

Greg

Greg,

With the release of Autocad Electrical (ACE) 2005 all settings are stored in each user's profile. So if you want to transfer the settings from one computer to another just copy the files saved in the profile.

i.e.

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2006\R16.2\enu

Bob

That's great. Glad to hear it. I have been usig ACE since 1998 when it was being distributed by CimLOGIC and it was called TooloBoxWD back then. I thought about PromiseE back then but it was 2x the price. I am glad I started using it and have not looked back. I would not be able to keep up with all the jobs I have to do if I did not have it. ACE is a real time saver. I firmly believe that anyone who designs panels for a living should be using it. Just being able to auto-create a BOM based on the entire drawing package has saved me "Gobs of Time"(tm) and it is real easy to add wire numbers or change them in a snap. Try doing that by hand...

Bob