First scan in Siemens s5

Juris

Hi! I am beginner in PLC and can't solve such problem. s7 has system bit SM0.1 - "first scan", but i can't find such in s5 manual.
Thanks!

Hello juris;

SMx.x bits are available on the S7-200 platform only. For S5 and S7-300/400 CPUs you have access to Organisation blocks that process logic before the cyclic OB1.
Specifically, for the S5 program, look for OB21 and OB22
S5_OB21.jpg

Whatever logic you program in these 2 blocks will be executed once, before cyclic logic is called in OB1: e.g. first scan.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

you could always make a first cycle bit , the way we used to .........

Similar Topics

Hi, I want to initialise some tags on first scan only. As they are related to wall-clock time, I want to do the initialisation when the PLC first...
Replies
Views
I am working with a Siemens 1500 in portal, and I want to know if my Profinet inputs can change during the scan of the PLC code. When do local...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I primarily use AB PLC's, and have a reasonable understanding of the way they scan their logic. I've done a few smaller projects on...
Replies
Views
Dear all plz want to check my application from Virus and searching for agood too to do this plz help (program - tool - ...etc)
Replies
Views
Hi, I wanted to know the scan time of a Siemens S5-115U 943 PLC. I couldn't find a way to measure through the PLC so I have wrote a little bit...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom