Actuators & Positioner

eng_muslim

Plz can anyone give me simple introduction about actuators and positioners i know none about them and i tries to search the net about this subject but i find nothing
write to me or give me the sites which will help me

thnx in advance

ahmed marmoush

Hi !

The positioner is used to control the movement of the actuator. Suppose you are having a Control Valve having pneumatic actuator to control the downstream pressure of a pipe. So you have to control the valve. You can give 4-20 ma signal to the positioner. Positioner would convert the same to pneumatic signal and give it to actuator. Actuator would move the spindle of the valve. i.e it would rotate the valve (if rotary valve) or lift the valve (linear valve).

Obvious there are different kind of positioners also. only electric positioner, electro-pneumatic positioner, pneumatic position, electro hydraulic positioner and so on.

you can use www.google.com to search about it. write "positioner" and you will get many.....

thnx

it was very helpfull guys and so many thanx,i need someone tell me wht exactly good in ABB automation & drives products so i can start to learn about.
thnx in advance