Uploading PanelView HMI

RPax

Hi, I was just wondering. If I upload from a AB PanelView 600 with Panel builder32 software will it give me the complete configuration file or just a condensed version (as with Panelview Plus screens when uploading using RSView).

If it only gives a condensed version, will this surfice as a backup copy i.e can it be downloaded if the HMI is ever wiped. Also, do I also need a special cable to do this?. Just not familiar with this equipment and software. Appreciate any help. thanks

When you upload in PanelBuilder 32 from a PV say 600 then you will upload a *.pva (Panelview Terminal File)

This is a FULL working copy of the HMI Screens, alarms, tags etc on the PV600

You can then if you wish save this as a PBA Panel Builder Application file

As for cables then it depends which panelview you have

DH485, RS232, Devicenet, DH+, Profibus ????

Or you could use the PCMCIA Memory Card slot to backup your app

Take a look at the manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

It lists PCMCIA cards and the cables for the different comms

Last edited: