Siemens S7 PLC Simulator

I have just found one.
WinAC is Siemens S7 Soft PLC.
While soft PLCs are not yet quite ready for most control applications, they make excellent simulators.
We connected ours to a Scada program and will be using it for operator training while the machine is being installed.

Price, about $1,300 euro.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Hello Scott;

WinAC is a combination of Step 7 (programming software), Profibus-DP drivers and PLCSim; this last is a S7-300/400 CPU simulator on PC environment. When active, it controls a block of PC memory as if it were a PLC: you can download a program to it, select I/O addresses you want to monitor and force, examine internal registers and datablocks to follow the evolution of your logic. I have found it a great tool for debugging applications.
You can buy it from Siemens for about half the price Doug quoted for the WinAC; contact your Siemens rep.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

dchartier said:
Hello Scott;
You can buy it from Siemens for about half the price Doug quoted for the WinAC; contact your Siemens rep.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

That was the price my Siemens rep quoted.
I'd better have another talk to him....

Doug

I think the big difference is that WinAC is a PLC, albeit a soft PLC. It is a fully-fledged control environment, and if you hang some Profibus I/O off your PC you have a running control system. It is not a simulator - it is the real thing.

PLC-Sim is the simulation package Siemens provide which mimics the behaviour of a PLC without the need for any I/O. It runs with STEP7 (no need for WinAC or any other PLC), and you download the control code you've written to the simulator just as you would a real PLC. PLC-Sim can not ever control real I/O.

Hence the price difference.

Regards

Ken.

What is more interesting is that u can connect Wincc to this simulator and test the whole project with it

niranjanrout said:
PLCSIM is a free download..Now I think Siemens have stopped keping it on site but serch the net you'll get it.

It's maybe free in p2p network. I have never heard it's been freeware. I also test my WinCC Flexible projects with PLC-Sim. It's very good tool, if you make sometimes mistakes in programming. If you don't, you don't need it...