Hi

just learning plc and I made this simple ladder from medoc:

x0 x1
--l l-l/l------------------(m0)
m0 l
-l l-l

m0
--l l---------------------(yo)

after doing so I save it and transfered it to the plc, after transfering, I started doing the wiring and after that I push ON the button for X0 and there is no output. I check the wiring it all seems correct.

Did I miss something?

the wiring on the input goes like this:

PLC Input:
com-----PB(NO)------X0
com-----PB(NC)------X1

and on the output goes like this:

PLC Output: +V------(com0-Y0)---LOAD-----V-

com0 and Y0 terminals acts like a NO swicth.
I am using FX0 plc.

I am used to relays so plc is a new thing, just a beginner here. In relay ladder logic we usually wire it as is. How about in plc? comments? suggestions? examples?

regards,

johnny

PLC Input:
com-----PB(NO)------X0
com-----PB(NC)------X1
I am not familiar with your FX0 PLC, but I believe that your inputs are wired wrong. The PB must be connected to your input on one side as you indicate but the other must go to the hot, or +DC of your control voltage and then the common for that supply must be connected to the input module. Most PLC inputs are wired this way, no matter the maker.

I see your error Joe and it is a classic beginners mistake.
Especially a man who has wired retain circuits with relays/contactors before.

This is a common start - stop circuit.

You have a N/O start button and a N/C stop button - all ok so far

But, in your logic, you have made X1 (the stop) N/C.
Because your X1 input is always on (apart from when the stop is pressed) the N/C in the logic goes N/O (I wont confuse you with the reverse logic terms at this point)
Change X1 to N/O in the logic and you will then see it work as you hoped. :)

Also, in Medoc, you can "monitor" the ladder. From your "working" area, press F8. Whichever is true will show up highlighted. You would have seen that when you pressed the stop button you closed the contact. (also make sure you flipped the little switch to run mode or you won't get any outputs)

You can verify your inputs by looking at the leds on the front panel. If they change state when activated, you are wired correctly.

Tom

Thanks guys. I Knew it that was my mistake, the NC switch from the outside world, because it is NC there is an initial signal that reverses the logic. Now I understand.

Thank you very much.

regards,

johnny