Read/Write Error

gsajja

Hi all,

Iam trying to have numerical keypad entry into the plc from panelview. The program I have for the panel view screens is all controlled my PLC along the process. My question is iam getting read/write error for the tags in the numerical entry button.

Any thoughts ?

The tags i used for numerical entry button are designated as user defined tags so that they can be shared by few other machines. Iam testing on one but gives me error...

gsajja,

Has this Panelview program worked in the past, or is it new? If it is new, I would guess that you are not reading and writing the tags to the PLC. This could be caused by incorrect tag names in Panelview or wrong addresses in PLC, or there is no communication between the Panelview and the PLC.

Are you using the correct Data Type for the numerical tags? The Bit data type cannot be used to enter Numbers.

Last edited:
I have the tags like this in panel view: for Machine 1

f_enter_number panel_1.enter_number --> write tag

f_check_number panel_1.check_number ---> notification tag

f_show_number panel_1.show_number ----> display tag

f_done panel_1.done ---> hand shake

and i made the above f_ ... tags as user defined tags to that i can use the same for machine 2 i.e... panel_2.enter_number

Iam kinda still having the same read/write error ... any thoughts