OFF: PDF reduction in bytes

dandrade

It exists some manuals with excess of Megabytes, high resolution layer, figures and some manuals that had been converted of the SCANNER - > pdf.

I looking a software pdf that can extract pages, to reduce the size bytes of the images. Tendius to roll untied page in and limiting the consultation of an only document for excess of use of resources.

Already they had heard on format DJVU? It says that it is + advanced that lesser pdf with five times the size.Is good, small is reduce number CDROM, if any know software convert his format talk

Obs:Some freeware

I looked at DjVU when it first came out several years ago. I don't recall that it was smaller sized than pdfs, but it might be.

I find scanned image manual to be near very difficult to use.

The best thing about modern pdf generated from the original word processor document is that Acrobat offers a text search function that is generally much better than almost any written index I've ever used.

Thus, the value of a document increases with the ability to be able to quickly find items with a text search function.

Scanned images obviously can't be text searched.

OCR (optical character recognition) software like Scansoft's Omnipage Pro will convert image to text, but few are willing to pay the price for the time involved.

Dan

I looked at DjVU when it first came out several years ago. I don't recall that it was smaller sized than pdfs, but it might be.

I find scanned image manual to be near very difficult to use.

The best thing about modern pdf generated from the original word processor document is that Acrobat offers a text search function that is generally much better than almost any written index I've ever used.

Thus, the value of a document increases with the ability to be able to quickly find items with a text search function.

Scanned images obviously can't be text searched.

OCR (optical character recognition) software like Scansoft's Omnipage Pro will convert image to text, but few are willing to pay the price for the time involved.

Dan

there are many free online tools, just search in google and select one.