Installing WinCC Demo Version

plc-friend

Hi, I got a demo CD for WinCC V6.0 but when I was going to install it I realized that I´m missing Microsoft Message Queuing.
Does anybody know if I can download a trial version of this program? (I´m usin Windows XP Home)

Thank You

As far as I know Siemens only guarantees that their current software versions (and WinCC 6 is a current version) will work on professional Windows, beit XP or 2000. I also think (from experience) that the demo versions are actually the real thing without an activation. So, it might be hard to make XP Professional out of your XP Home, I think you'll need a lot more than Microsoft Message Queuing.

Anybody else with better ideas is very welcome to help out!

Kind regards,

This demo comes with a Microsoft SQL server 2000 CD which is one of the required elements for installation.

The system indicates Microsoft Message Queuing as the missing element.

Message queing is a part of Windows, it comes on the standard installation CD. Just go to the configuration panel and select "add/remove Programs", then select "Add/Remove windows components", select "Message queing".
This should do the trick. However keep in mind that previous posts are also true, you have to install SQL server first, this is shipped with WinCC.

it is very easy u can install from windows xp it self. from add/remove windows
component.

Hi, I am trying to install WinCC on my laptop and have tried to install the message queuing service, but it now asks me for the address of a domain controller, but I do not know of any.

I am running XP Profession with SP2.

If anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

Many thanks in advance