MPI Download to tp27

Rusty_K

Hello,
I am having some issues downloading to a TP27 via MPI. I am trying to download via the MPI connection on a Siemens CPU315-2DP. (Obviously the TP27 with MPI address 3 is connected to the PLC with MPI address 2). I've got the TP in the correct "MPI Download" mode/screen but am unable to connect. My ProTool settings are also configured for a MPI download. I'm using a CP5512 card on my laptop. I am able to connect directly to it's config port (during inital config) but now it's fully installed and impossible to get to, hence the reason I'm trying to connect via MPI..it'll be a real pain in the arse to get it out of its cabinet.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

R.K.

set you card to 5512(profibus) in set pg inteface in control panel

use the diagnostic button for it, and then click "read nodes". It will list all the addresses with active connections. This will at least tell you that you are on the right track. If you don't see the panel (3), you might need to chaneg the terminatin resistors on the cabling. I used to have lots of trouble transfering, until I figured those few things out..

Rusty

Have you got the manual for the TP27's?

You can download it Here

Section 13.2 describes how to do a MPI download after initial configuration using the serial download method.

Paul