Sartorius PR1713 X5 Batch weighing

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

Have any of you guys ever worked with the above (Sartorius PR1713 X5 Batch weighing) controller units with scales.

I would like to know what PC software you used for configuration of these controllers.

regards

Rheinhardt

I've configured the GWT indicators from the front panel. If you want to setup batching, then the software is the way to go.

According to Sartorius/GWT's PR1713 spec sheet on the web,
http://www.global-weighing.com/datasheets/dataindex.htm (enter English, then PR1713)
the software listed is PR1750/NT20, device licensed.

PR1750NT 2.32.1 is the listed as the current release.
The download for PR1713NT is on the PR1713 archive page:

http://www.global-weighing.com/download/software/PR1750/archive.htm

for a listing of PR1750 software

Hi DanW

Thanks for the links, did you ever hear of the PowerTool software.

The abobe link tells me these controllers can be used with theri own remote IO is that true, that would certainly give it alot of functionality??

Regards

Rheinhardt

I've never seen a copy of Toolbox and according to my notes from a local training session, it's obsolete.

My understanding is that the PR1713 is a functional indicator, that has the guts to take the load cell signals and do things like tare functions. But a standard model has no additional I/O (for controlling valves), nor does it have the batch firmware.

The batch firmware (GWT calls it software, I call it firmware because it resides in the PR 1713) is optional. The batch firmware can be used to either manually load presets into the recipes from the front panel or use a Windows program, with a name like "Recipe Management", which allows one to populate recipes and download them to the PR1713.

My notes indicate that the 1750NT software is for "rolling your own logic/batching software", if the factory batch firmware doesn't meet your needs. Here in the US 1750NT costs about $1,500 USD.

There's apparently been some naming changes to the line of indicators/batchers, probably due to changeovers when Sartorius bought GWT.

I think the current PR1713 Pro X5 is the unit that includes batching firmware. But you'd have to call your local rep to confirm that.

If your PR1713 doesn't have the batch firmware, I remember that they have a flashloader program that will install the firmware into the PR1713, but you'd have to have the license code (purchased) to make it work. 2 years ago the batch firmware was $2,000 package in the US.

I'm incredibly pleased with the durability of the load cells - drift free and zero maintenance; unlike anything I'd ever run into before; other brands drifting night to day.