Gxdeveloper problem

mrbj

Hi all,
I have used various plc programs in the past but I am new to Mitsi's Gx Developer.
My problem is that when I have written the ladder logic then either go to save or verify etc , the program comes back with " Do I want to delete the ladder logic " or something similar.
As I write the the logic NO line numbers appear except the END line which is " 0 ".
Also the background goes grey as I write the ladder logic.
I am obviosley doing something wrong, but cant put my finger on it.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Any ideas?
Kind Regards
mrbj

Thanks TMU,
Actually its when I use F4 and try to convert that it throws the message back to me.
Any ideas?
regards.
mrbj

Won't Convert

Hi Mrbj,
Not sure if this was a similar scenario: - Someone sent me a GX Developer Project to work on, having made some minor changes I went to use the convert and similar to you it wouldn't accept the changes.

To cut a long storey short, the person who had supplied the project had saved it whilst on-line and for love nor money I couldn't make any alteration as it wouldn't convert or save it.

Tried all the usual, save project as etc. etc.

The final solution was the guy sent re-sent me the code having gone back on-line and quitting in the corrct manner (close all monitoring windows) saved the project and low and behold I could edit the project without any issues.

Strange but just sounds so similar to yours.

Is this a virgin project or passed to you by someone else?

Regards, Gene.

I haven't got my laptop with GX Developer with me so I can't check this out properly. But it does sound like there are unconverted changes that are about to be lost. Are you making the changes online or offline? If you are making the changes offline, have you checked that the convert function is not set to automatically send the changes to the PLC after conversion (look under the tools menu and select options, there should be some radio buttons to select how the conversion is performed). If you are making online changes, remember that you are limited concerning how much you can change inbetween conversions (e.g. you might be limited to changing 500 steps at a time).

If you could take some screen dumps and post them on this forum it might be easier to understand the cause of your problem.

Cheers

Won't Convert

Good Job USHIDAYO,
The GX Developer Project where I couldn't convert.
As posted above....

I just did what you said and in the Tools under Options selected the Don't Write To PLC and then I could convert my changes and save the project.

Thanks for that bit of info, I wasted hours originally on that issue.

It good to learn something new each day!!!!!

Regards, Gene.

Ushidayo,
Gene,

Many thanks for your response
I will try your suggestion.
I am programming a new program Offline, and it sounds very much like your scenario, as per Genes problem.
You've most probably saved me hours of head scratching.
Once again,
Many thanks
mrbj

When you will need to do some on-line edits, you will beasked to verify the program and write changes to the PLC.

Answering Yes to them choice will change back your options.

So if you later do some off-line edits, you will be back in the same situation...

Remember that even with some grayed-out area (that have been added or modified) and while you want to convert ... you still can acces the option menu to re-select not to write to the PLC.

My 2 cents