slc5/01 comms via dh485

ianingram

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

I am experiencing a nuisance problem with a slc5/01. When going online to the plc, the comms appear to be very slow (ie the online icon rotates very slowly) & scrolling down through the ladder logic is impossible or very slow. Even using "ctrl & g" to go straight to a rung is slow.

I have found that by cycling the power to the 5/01 plc & then going back online fixes the problem in the short term. If I try to go online a few days later, this problem then re-occurs. There are about a dozen nodes on our dh485 newtwork and this slc 5/01 is only communicating with one panelview 600. (I am using the latest version of RSLinx & RSLogix 500 Pro)

It just seems strange that cycling the plc's power fixes this problem

Any ideas or comments greatly appreciated.