AD DV1000 Opinion

BoxerBrats

Thinking about buying a used AD DV-1000 does anyone have a opinions on this, ever used one, ect.... Just something I saw thought it might be fun to play with

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif] [/font]

s.gif

The display is very useful in presenting messages and values. It can be set up to allow the operator easy manipulation of values. It does not work well as a "On/Off" style pushbutton station. Avoid the 'bit control' function. It does provide for 'read-only' monitoring of much of the PLC's contents.

As the complete setup is done in the PLC itself the learning curve is a little steep. Careful reading of the manual and checking out the example programs available should take out a lot of the sting.

Ugh... I personally don't like them. I would much rather use their text panels (OP or EZ text) for a low end Operator Interface.

I found the usage of the DV-1000 to cryptic and difficult except for the most basic of functions.

I think that it could be useful as a quick and dirty maintenance tool to check status of certain memory locations. But not for an operator interface...IMHO.

Yow

Ugh... I personally don't like them. I would much rather use their text panels (OP or EZ text) for a low end Operator Interface.
I agree with cjh buy one of the others. Better yet send me your address and i`ll give you a dv 1000 if i can still find it.