Message to a 1761-NET-ENI

Bob O

I have set-up what I think is a good system on the bench and I would like to make it better.

My system is a DVT vision inspection system where the jobs are selectable from a HMI and communicates like:

HMI -> ML1500->1761-NET-ENI [Write Message]->DVT.

But I would like to have our scheduling software (custom written) send the ENI a message which job is selected to run so then it would look like:

SCHEDULING->1761-NET-ENI [Read Message]->ML1500->1716-NET-ENI [Write Message]->DVT
I would have the HMI still available incase the network goes down.

Now for the question, what do I need or can I send the ENI a message from another computer without using RS software and if so what communication protocol? I do have RSLinx and RSView32 if I need it but just wondering if it can be done without it.

Thanks,
Bob O.