Well I've tried everything and my deadline is Saturday (16JUL05)

skihard

As some may know from a previous post I was tossed into completing a little programming because our normal programmer is on vacation. Well I’ve tried everything and I can’t get my PLC to send to my InView Panel (or my panel isn’t listening).

So I’m posting my 2 programs, one for the Micrologix1200 and one for the InView, in the now vain attempt that someone can take a look at the 2 and see if my logic is correct.

If it isn’t correct maybe someone can hint what it is that I’m doing wrong. When I load the Micrologix program and run it, it appears to be working properly but with no results in the panel, so quite obviously NOT working properly.

Well anyway if someone is up to the challenge of proofing this little monster I applaud you and look forward to finding out what a PLC God has to say.

On your message send timer put a preset value in it then use an XIO in front of the timer to reset it. I have never tested this but with a preset of 0 and no accumulator I dont think it can ever be done, plus it only counts on false to true transitions so basically I dont think it counts but once if it counts at all.

The AWT requires a false to transition to repeat the message, with what I said above I dont think its ever sending the messages. If you make the timer come on and reset itself then I believe the messages will continuously update.

I am not sure that is the issue but its a place to start.

I missed the reset at the bottom but I think it would be more effective to just allow it to reset itself

T4:0/DN T4:/0
|------|/|-----------------[PRESET 10]

I forget from one brand to the next but you may need to have the timer on a rung BELOW the AWT rungs. At least try using a preset value.

I dont have anything to use with an Inview panel so can not check that but if it just isnt updating the data sent by the PLC this may be the cause.

Last edited:
The first zip file you attahced appears to be empty. You may need to upload it again.

There are several things in the PLC program that jump out at me, but first things first - lets solve main problem first.

Ok for some reason my preset (I had 5) disappeared so I put that back in and tested but still nothing.

I’ve also re-attached the message file

I should also point out that my normal function in the company is to design the Machine not design the controls. The main Controls guy is doing the OJT thing with me and I must confess I really haven't done much in the way of complicated programming

Well That didn't work either, changing my preset to 50 did at least allow for the message to be triggered, but my Variables aren't being displayed. So I'm going to review how I'm writing my Variables and see if something is goobbered up there.

Hey everyone I got it working finally, I need to tweak it now so it reports to the panel a little quicker and also so reports a little more accurately but at least now I have it sending stuff. the rest hopefully will be gravy.

Thanks for the help I ended up using little bits and pieces of everyones suggestions to get to a solution so again thank you all.

Yeah once I get it all done and working the way I want I'll be glad to post it.

But it appears that there was a conflict in the sub routine and I was writing 2 things to the same spot, once I removed the write from the subroutine things started working, It also looks like I might have a buffer issue and thats why I'm not getting my intended results.

I'll update as the day goes on.

Here it is the final product. I ended up on-shot writing my messages based on when the information I was writing was ready instead of constantly writing. It turns out that the Write Queue can only contain up to 16 instructions and with me writing non-stop I wasn't getting my updates like I wanted, so my solution was to clear the queue, write my message, then leave the queue clean until I needed to write my next message whenever that happened to be.

I also noted in the post above that I had a conflict in my sub-routine, it seams I was trying to write to ST9:3 from 2 different places, once in the sub-routine and once in my main program, this resulted in a conflict that must have been stopping the ascii write from taking place because once I removed the write to ST9:3 from the sub-routine all started working.

I know that to those of you that do this everyday my program is probably pretty darn ugly but I’m new to this and well it’s doing what I need so I’m happy for now.

Note to Ken - I used your R6:x/DN to help me with the writing so a thanks to you for that little hint.