Reading Panelview Plus 1000 IP address from RSLogix 5000 code

Unregistered

U
I'm trying to create a Panelview screen right now that displays all IP addresses on an ethernet network. Attached to the network are PLCs, Panelviews, etc. Ideally, I'd be able to dynamically locate all connections on the network and display their IPs. I've been able to grab IP addresses for the any attached ENBT devices by using the simple MSG command using CIP Messaging (rockwell knowledgebase document G18770). However, I'm unsure how to pull an IP off of a connected Panelview Plus 1000 so that I can display it. Obviously I set them manually in the hardware configuration when they're installed, but I'd like the code to be dynamic so that it can be thrown into different jobs and still function.

Any ideas?

Similar Topics

PanelView Plus "Timeout Reading" and "Timeout Writing" - battery low Hi all, A customer has a PanelView Plus (catalog number 2711P-K4M20D8 ser...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, We have an application where we want to read the temperature of the a PanelView Plus 1000 HMI, and use this as a basis to determine...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been having some trouble with a project I am currently working on. The end user will have an RFID fob, which they swipe, and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Unbeknownst to you but knownst to me I have used little clues from the forum and I managed to solve my issue. Now I'm no n00b on AB gear...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am working with a CompactLogix running version 30.12, and a Panelview Plus 700 running version 9.0. The customer wants me to read...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom