GE- Sinking, Sourcing

damper

Am a new user to this web site. I am a student doing a Industrial maintenance course and have a broblem. I have a GE PLC with a 24 DC input module that only acepts a sourcing input and i have sensers that put out a sinking output. Is there any easy way of combining the two? ( sensors are polarity sensitive)

Steve Bailey used to have a posting that described the "Pull-Up" and "Pull-Down" arragement for mixed signals.

I can't find it anywhere!

The best I can give you is the following...

http://www.plcs.net/dcforum/DCForumID1/2645.html

If you are "UP" on your electrical, you might be able to figure it out.

I'll have to post an update to Steve's if he doesn't do so.

Try here.

http://www.plcs.net/dcforum/DCForumID1/1974.html

At one time, on the old forum, I uploaded a couple of powerpoint slides showing how to cross-connect, but I can't seem to find a reference to it any more.

Anyway, here's a bitmap of a sink-to-sink connection.

Remember that when you cross-connect like this, the signal is inverted. By that I mean that in this example, when there is no object in front of the prox switch, the PLC input will be on. When the prox detects an object, the PLC input will go off.

Last edited: