RSLogix5 / PLC-5(40E) / RSEmulate5

dash

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone had any direct issues with the accuracy of the memory estimation in RSLogix Vs. Online with real processor Vs. RSLogix Emulate 5.

Right now I am making some fairly substantial changes to an existing system so I have been checking the calculations in the emulator. When I verify the project offline and then check the remaining memory I have 11000 words remaining, but I happened to look when "online" with the emulator and it was showing 800 words remaining, which of course is too close.

Has anyone ever noticed this "anomaly" before and which one would you trust (RSLogix offline or online with emulator)?

RSLogix V6.30.00(CPR6)
RSLogix Emulate 5 V5.00.08.00

Thanks for any insight,

Darren

In case anyone is interested it seems to be an issue with the emulator. The offline file (after verifying the project) was within a few words of the actual memory usage of the actual processor. Thank goodness for that. Now I can get back to work without so much stress.

Darren