AB Panelview 900 Rebooting over and over

Unregistered

U
I recently removed an AB pview 900 from service where it was working fine, after bringing it in to the office to find another use for it and clear its old programming.
When I powered it up and let it boot, it gets through the blue screen tests, then sits at the black bootup screen for a little longer than I remember as normal, then instead of loading up the programming, it reboots again. It will go through this cycle as long as I leave it powered up. It is not hooked up to comms.
Using the upper right and lower left key clear memory command doe not alleviate the problem.
Any ideas? Suggestions? The unit is physically sound and was not in a very harsh environment (factory control booth).

I actually just changed out a PV900 today. It was "orange-screening" intermittently. The screen saver was disabled, don't know why it was doing this...I was able to extract the program via a DH-485 connection and download into the replacement PV900 without any issue. Sounds like your situation is a little more catastrophic

Greg

To clear a standard keypad you know its Left arrow + Right Arrow + Enter Key? Numbers will display, when 32 shows press the left most blue function key and upper right most grey key (some models reverse blue and grey), this will put it in Config mode and clear the memory.

For a touchpad on bootup it will display the numbers, when it gets to 32 press and hold the upper right and lower left touch cell at same time.

In my experience PV's are not very rugged, in general, so if it was dropped after being removed that can cause a problem...btdt.