PanelViewPlus Numeric Cursor Point Input

rstech

Hello,

I have an RSViewME application for a PanelViewPlus1000 keypad display with a number of Numeric Cursor Point Inputs. I use the tab buttons to move between the different Numeric Cursor Point Input objects. My problem is, when I tab through the different objects, it does not go in order from top of the screen to bottom. It goes say, from the first object, to the fifth, to the second, etc. It does tab to each object but I would like it to tab from top to bottom. Is there a way to assign the order?

I would appreciate any help you can offer. I've already checked the Allen-Bradley online knowledgebase and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Rob

I don't have the software handy to show you a screen shot, but when you go into the Properties for your Numeric Cursor Point Input (or any other interactive object), you want to set the Tab Index. This is the numeric order in which the tab key will move through the objects. Type a number in there starting with one and increment it for each object. This allows you to set the tab order in any fashion you like.

I went to the Rockwell Manuals Online web page and downloaded the RSView ME User Guide Volumes 1 & 2. This had every detail I needed. The knowledgebase is usually more of the "there is a problem, how do I fix it". It isn't always the best place to look for "How Do I..." type stuff.

OG

Operaghost said:
...you want to set the Tab Index.
Thanks for the reply, but I can't find the "Tab Index" that you are referring to. I searched the help in RSViewStudioME and also looked through all the properties (probably the 10th time) of the numeric cursor point input. I must be blind because I can't see it. Where exactly do you find it?

The manual, page 16-10 of the RSView Machine Edition User's Guide says using the tab button will move from the upper left to the lower right of the screen. Unfortunately this is not what is happening, it jumps all over the place.

Thanks.

Rob

I think that the Tab Index value is only settable in RSView SE. In RSView ME, the tab goes like you'd expect it to in a Word document; left-to-right, then top-to-bottom.

Every project I've done acts that way, no matter what order I create the objects in.

I wonder what's up with rstech's project ? Are you using the newest 3.20 editor ?

Well, opening the software and reading the help tells me that the object that is closest to the upper left corner will be the one to grab focus when a screen opens. Your tab key should move you in sequence to the lower right hand corner of the screen. You can also use CTRL + Tab to move the opposite direction, or you may use the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Now, beyond that, certain objects can be removed from the Tab order. But it does not appear that you can change the tab order after all.

OG

** Edit - What Ken said!! **

Rockwell actually have a tech note in their Knowledgebase on how to control the tab order in RSView ME, using (if I remember correctly) some trickery in the order you align the input objects. Unfortunately I don't have the link to hand :(

Thanks for all the replies. I can definitely tell you on my application it is not going from top left to bottom right.

I am using version 3.2. Another piece of info that may have some impact is this is an application I converted from a PV1400E. I don't know if that maybe affected the order somehow. I will check the alignment of my objects, maybe they are not all left justified and some of them are "sticking out" a few pixels further than the others.

Thanks.

Ken Roach said:
I found a related thread in the RSView ME forum at Rockwell Software.

I almost always use "snap to grid", so maybe that's why I never encountered this problem before.

http://www.software.rockwell.com/forum/rsviewme/messageview.cfm?catid=47&threadid=8905
Thanks for the link Ken, its exactly the same thing that I'm seeing. Re-aligning the objects didn't work; I will try deleting and recreating the objects as was stated in the other thread and see what happens. Thanks.