RSView32 + OMRON = ???

ade

Hello everyone!
I am currently playing with RSView32 and OMRON CPM1A PLC.
My target is to access both read and write from/to OMRON CPM1A PLC from RSView32. Serial communication (CIF01 HostLink) is used.

My questions are:
  1. What is the good protocol to facilitate this RSView32-to-CPM1A communication (I know we can use RSLinx with AB's products)?
  2. I have FinsGateway, but there is no "SerialUnit" option in the "Network/Drivers". How to add it?
  3. In the RSView32, what kind of node I have to use, OPC or DDE?
Please give me some clues, so I can play with them.
Any comments, suggestion, clues would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
-ade-

Thanks for the info and link. I do really appreciate that.
Unfortunatelly, the OMRON CPU I mentioned (i.e. CPM1A) is not listed in the supported-devices in the link you have given me.

Thanks;)