Help with Omron Analog

mark30504

Hello New to Omron but not PLC

I have an input card analog. I need to compare it value to a number. I try > but it does not like my comparison I guess.

Do I move this value to a DM first.
By the way...DM I am guessing its just a Omron way of saying memory location that I can use. How may are there and whats there values ?

Also what exactly is

CIO W H A T E E? ETC....

THANKS

MARK

I have an input card analog. I need to compare it value to a number. I try > but it does not like my comparison I guess.
It is perfectly legitimate to compare the input value from the analog card directly to either a constant or another memory location such as a DM (Data Memory.) Please give more information about the way that you constructed your comparison.
Do I move this value to a DM first? By the way...DM I am guessing its just a Omron way of saying memory location that I can use. How may are there and whats there values ?
DM (Data Memory) is a data-retentive (battery-backed) memory area which is used primarily as a place to hold either a Hex or BCD numeric value. DM's can be set either by moving a constant value to them in ladder or by pre-setting them using the Memory Component of CX Programmer. Once a Data memory is loaded with a value, that value will be retained even during a power cycle.
The number of Data Memories is dependent on the Omron PLC model. You haven't told us what Omron PLC model that you have.
Also what exactly is

CIO W H A T E E? ETC....
CIO (Core I/O) is the area of memory where the input and output structure is addressed. It includes local I/O, remote I/O, intelligent and special I/O. If an CIO address is not used then it is available as an internal memory location.

And about now I expect BobB to chime in and tell us about the contiguous memory mapping of the Omron memory structure. Bob?

Last edited:
Hello thanks
Processor CG1G-H-CPU44

In the compare (>) do I need to mark or tag the front of the CIO with something for it to relize that is what I am looking at.

My analog is at 2000.4 do I need to label it in the greater than, like
CIO:2000.4 or should 2000.4 be good enough. Also the number I compare it to does it need to be in a certian format, Decimal, Hex, ???

thanks

Mark

Hello again

the error I get is
ERROR: Operand 1 Memory area not valid at rung 25 ( 0, 1 ).

It seems like the processor does not like > or = or any compare

I would guess that your analog value is not 2000.04 (which is a bit designation) but is 2004 (which is a word designation). The CIO memory area is the only area which is not preceded by a prefix. Therefore your word is simply 2004, not CIO2004. What is the model number of the analog card?

Regarding the number for your comparison, it depends on whether you are using a analog card which does its' own scaling. If so, it will be BCD. If not, it will be HEX. Either way, the number needs to be preceded by a "#",which denotes a constant.

>

Last edited:
Hello

the analog card is a cs1w-iaaaa

Its a 9 in 1 out analong card in a rack.

How would I tell the plc to look at the 4th input value

thanks

How would I tell the plc to look at the 4th input value?
AD081.jpg

If the unit number of the module is 0, then the 4th input is word 2004.

RTM:
http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=63

Last edited: