Cscape Shift Registers

DAN

D
I am trying to program a GE Fanuc MiniOcs using Cscape software...
On the machine is a DVT camera (used as a go-nogo device) that is triggered by a fiber optic sensor everytime a product is present... The camera then sends a good or bad signal back to the plc and 4 triggers later, depending on the good/bad signal, a valve is activated (if bad) to reject the part...
I have tried counters, shift registers, MOVs and still can't get them to work correctly...
Shift registers in this particular software only shift on time with a pulse ... I have tried to send the output of one shift register to the input of another and shifting it in that manner...
Any help would be apprectiated...

The Bit Shift instructions in Cscape aren't particularly flexible. They operate over 16-bits (WORD) or 32-bits (DWORD). They only shift zero into the vacated position.

Here's how you might approach a solution. We'll use 1 to indicate a good part and 0 to indicate a bad part.

Camera_Ready Data_Pulse
---| |---------------------(P)-

Data_Pulse ________
---| |-----| SHL |
| WORD |
| |
%M01 -|IN1 |
| Q|-%M01
1 -|N |
|________|

Data_Pulse Good_Part %M01
----| |--------| |--------(S)-

Data_Pulse Good_Part %M01
----| |--------|/|--------(R)-

Data_Pulse %M04 Reject
----| |--------|/|--------( )-

_

Note that 'Reject' will only be true for one scan. You should consider it to be the trigger for the reject action.

Cscape Shift Register

Thanks for your help Steve...

The set and reset coils were options I hadn''t tried...
Any particular reason you shifted left ?